This service focuses on assisting eligible clients to have continued independence and confidence by transporting them to medical appointments, social and community activities and shopping centres. We also transport clients to visit loved ones who are living in residential care.
This service operates with several buses being on the road each week day. We have a pool of experienced volunteer drivers and assistants who provide us with their services to enable this service to you.
Who Is Eligible?
You are eligible if you are:
- The Frail Aged
- People with disabilities
- Socially Isolated
- Transport Disadvantaged
- Veterans Affairs Pension
If you are unsure if you are eligible, you can visit our office to discuss or contact this office.
The aim of our service is to assist people to remain in their own home rather than needing to move into residential care.
Is there a cost?
As there is only limited funding available, this service operates on a nominal contribution from all passengers per trip to ensure the sustainability of this service to continue.
Our buses run weekdays, Monday to Friday, 9am to 3.30pm. If you require services outside these times, we suggest you call this office to see if we are able to make any alternative arrangements for you.
Volunteers are an integral part of Commonwealth HACC service delivery, particularly in the provision of meals, transport and social support services, as without the assistance of volunteers, these services would be very difficult to deliver.
What service will you receive?
If you require our services, it is suggested that you call at least the day prior to organise a bus pickup. The bus service will pick you up from your house and take you to your destination, and then if required will collect you and take you home again. We also offer “Out and About” day trips that are usually organised at the end of each month on a Saturday or Sunday to various locations. For example we have Easter Theme outings, Christmas in July outings, End of Year Christmas functions such as Carols by Candlelight, Christmas Pageant, Christmas Lights Ride, trips to Silverton for sightseeing and a luncheon, trips to Menindee for sightseeing and a luncheon and many more. If you are interested in attending any of these “outings” you can contact this office for more information and details for a particular outing to ensure your place.
What if I’m not happy with the service provided?
As we aim to provide a high quality service, we would like to know if you have any concerns with the service so we can improve. Your service will not be stopped if you make a complaint. A copy of our complaints policy is included for your information.
What are your rights?
As a client of Far West HACC Services Inc. you have the right to:
- Complain or express any concerns about the service without fear of losing the service or suffering and other recriminations;
- Have your complaints dealt with fairly and promptly;
- Be represented by an advocate of your choice;
- Be informed about what services are available;
- Be assessed to receive services without discrimination;
- Privacy and confidentiality;
- View any information about yourself;
- Appeal and decision made regarding your application.
What are your responsibilities?
As a client of Far West HACC Services Inc. your responsibilities are as follows:
- Clients should act in a way which respects the rights of other clients as well as the Community Transport staff and volunteers;
- Clients need to take responsibility for the results of any decision that they make;
- Clients are to notify the office of bookings required or cancellations.
- 24 hour notice for bookings and cancellations are required to ensure your ride.
If you feel your rights are not being respected or if you have any other complaint or concern about the services you are receiving you can try any of the following:
- You can ask a family member or friend to be an advocate on your behalf;
- If you feel comfortable about it, you could discuss the situation with the member of staff concerned- this may lead to a fast resolution to your convers;
- If the above is not appropriate or fails to resolve the issue, you can contact the Community Transport Manager on (08) 8087 4284
- If you have a complaint, comment or suggestion you can call Transport Info on 131 500. It’s open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Information is confidential.
- If this is unsatisfactory you can also contact the NSW Ombudsman, Level 24, 580 George Street, Sydnet, NSW, 2000 or phone (free call) 1800 451 524
This is a free and confidential service which can assist you in working through any complaints or concerns about the service you are receiving.