Home Maintenance

This service specialises in home maintenance, modifications and adjustments as well as advice on building related matters.

What services are available?

Far West HACC Home Maintenance and Modifications offer a range of services including:

  • Internal/External ramps with rails
  • Hand held shower hoses
  • Tap turners
  • Adjusting hot water services
  • Widening doorways
  • Securing rugs and cords
  • Repairs to windows, doors, floors, steps and paths
  • Minor plumbing repairs and electrical work
  • Bathroom modifications
  • Grabrails
  • Threshold ramps

Who is Eligible?

You are eligible if you are:

  • Frail aged person or a person with a disability
  • A person who cares for an adult or child with disability
  • A home owner, or in certain circumstances, a private renter

The aim of our service is to assist people to remain in their own home rather than needing to move into residential care.

Priority will be given to work that involves:

  • Making your home a safer place
  • Allowing you to move around your home more easily
  • Helping you to be more independent in undertaking basic living tasks

What will it cost?

As there is only limited funding available you will be asked to pay a subsidised amount in accordance with our fees policy.

Assistance is available if you cannot afford the full amount. For more information feel free to discuss this with the Works Supervisor.

The cost of all work will be set out in a quote. This will need to be approved and signed by you before any work will commence.

If works exceed $1000 this will be in the form of a contract detailing what services you will receive, what the cost will be and what your contribution to the cost will be.

What service will you receive?

The Works Supervisor will try to offer you a range of services which will meet your needs. These will usually be worked out in consultation with you and an Occupational Therapist. If you agree, these will be worked into a quote. This quote will be based upon your initial assessment, and you will need to advise us if your circumstances change. If you accept this quote you will be prioritised and placed on a waiting list. You will be advised of an approximate starting date.

What if I’m not happy with the service provided?

As we aim to provide a high quality service, we would like to know if you have any concerns with the service so we can improve. Your service will not be stopped if you make a complaint. A copy of our complaints policy is included for your information.

What are your rights?

As a client of Far West HACC Services Inc. you have the right to:

  • Complain or express any concerns about the service without fear of losing the service or suffering and other recriminations;
  • Have your complaints dealt with fairly and promptly;
  • Be represented by an advocate of your choice;
  • Be informed about what services are available;
  • Be assessed to receive services without discrimination;
  • Privacy and confidentiality;
  • View any information about yourself;
  • Appeal and decision made regarding your application.

What are your responsibilities?

As a client of Far West HACC Services Inc. your responsibilities are as follows:

  • Clients should act in a way which respects the rights of other clients as well as the Community Transport staff and volunteers;
  • Clients need to take responsibility for the results of any decision that they make;
  • Clients are to notify the office of bookings required or cancellations.
  • 24 hour notice for bookings and cancellations are required to ensure your ride.

Complaints Policy

If you feel your rights are not being respected or if you have any other complaint or concern about the services you are receiving you can try any of the following:

  • You can ask a family member or friend to be an advocate on your behalf;
  • If you feel comfortable about it, you could discuss the situation with the member of staff concerned- this may lead to a fast resolution to your convers;
  • If the above is not appropriate or fails to resolve the issue, you can contact the Community Transport Manager on (08) 8087 4284
  • If you have a complaint, comment or suggestion you can call Transport Info on 131 500. It’s open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Information is confidential.
  • If this is unsatisfactory you can also contact the NSW Ombudsman, Level 24, 580 George Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000 or phone (free call) 1800 451 524

This is a free and confidential service which can assist you in working through any complaints or concerns about the service you are receiving.